There is an extended axiom in a large percentage of the population: the Internet allows us to do everything, or almost everything, and for free. The boom of mobile apps or web services that do not require a payment in money generates the perception that we are not paying for its use or consumption. And that is not the case. We pay with advertising and, most importantly, with information.
Our searches and visits to the Internet are registered and analyzed. Provide statistical information, trends, which can be marketed with services such as Google Analytics. They also allow you to generate a profile of each user with more personal data such as the mobile phone model, the interests it has, the places it visits, and the photos it makes. For the Marketing for Collsculpting Businesses this is important. The steps are essential and you will be able to have the best details from this only.
Free apps that we download on our mobile often ask us for permissions that have little to do with their functionality. It’s part of its price: information.
The conclusions are easy:
- We have to download only the apps we deem necessary and trustworthy.
- We have to review the permissions requested by these apps (reviewing the store listing for apps from which we download or manage the privacy options of our terminal).
- We have to read the privacy conditions of the web services we hire.
- We need to be aware of the scans that are made of shared information in webmail services and assess what we share and what not for these means.
- And in case of doubt we have to give up the Web service or the app. It seems lying, but it is possible to live without them.
Metadata – The invisible information
Not only must we be aware of the information about our lives that we allow them to collect or that we provide directly. We must also understand how the devices or applications that we use work on. This is the case, for example, of metadata. It is context information used to enrich the processing of files. We do not see it if it is not that we search for it, because it is not visible, but it is an information that can be relevant.
You can have a perfect opportunity here and that is the reason that you can have the proper support in this case.